Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Blessing.

Just as I was posting this blog the other day a gentleman stopped by the studio. I met him at the General Store in town the day I closed the studio, he seemed genuinely upset but very understanding. A few days ago was the first cool morning we've had in weeks so I had the studio door open as I worked on the computer (blogging) and this gentleman pulls up and starts to walk in, I don't remember his name but he hands me an envelope and says, "keep the dream alive." Then he turns to go so I stop him and say thank you as graciously as I can and I give him a hug.

Inside the envelope was this article about yoga.

And this note.
Inside the note were 2 hundred dollar bills. I cried. At this point I couldn't squeeze $200 out of my bank account if I had the World Arm Wrestling Champion helping me! So that seems like quite a gift to me, the article and the hug would have been enough of a gift to me but to for this gentleman to make an offer like that, well it was almost too much for me.

Here's the thing, this man will never do yoga. He has some disabilities that will forever keep him off the mat but he believes in me and in what I am trying to create even if he can't reap the benifts himself.

I am humbled by such a gift and this gentleman is a blessing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment