Monday, June 4, 2012

What a Yogi Eats...

...when there's no food in the house!

You know what I mean, you've opened the fridge door enough to drop the temperature in the house 10 degrees and the pantry door is begging for a break. No matter what all you see there's just nothing to eat. So I had that problem the other day and that's how I came up with this surprisingly delicious bowl of good.



I try to always have sweet potatoes in the house, but I don't have an oven in the cabin right now so I was at a loss about what to do with them. In the end I resigned to boiling them on the hot plate that serves as my range. That morning I had walked through the farm and noticed the asparagus was coming up so as the water got to a boil I walked out and grabbed a few stalks from the field. Back to the cabin, in with the sweet potatoes while I rinsed off the asparagus. When the sweep potatoes were almost done I tossed in the fresh asparagus and for good measure a hand full of raw almonds. I let them boil together for a minute or two them drained sprinkled with a little cajun seasoning and Voila! a delicious one pot meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment