Thursday, January 10, 2013

Good Links

Ok Yogis, I have a few good blogs in the works for you but right now I'm up to my 3rd eye in yogic cramming for my oral final on Saturday. Am I worried? not really but I REALLY like my teachers and I want them to be proud of me so I've been focusing more on my studies than my observation of daily life. As far as "off the mat and into life..." it's all mat all the time! So when I get back to my life I'll get some blogs up about the two.

In the meantime however here are a few of my favorite yoga and yoga lifestyle-ish websites that I dig and sometimes visit when I need a study break.

Foat Designs: This is a small independent business run buy the Foat sisters, two rockin' yogis who reign supreme in the upcycling, save the planet with good fashion realm. I  met them a few years ago at a yoga conference and picked up a pair of custom leg warmers for in between workshops to keep warm.

Heart Of The Sky Fair Trade: Y'all know I live in a tiny town in Wisconsin and how much I love my tiny town and the amazing Community here. Heart of the Sky is run by one of the amazing women in the amazing Community, Melinda. Melinda takes trips to Guatemala where she cultivates relationships with women's co-ops and small family businesses, she pays them fair market value for the goods and brings them back to sell not only to promote these women's and family's talents and business but also to help raise awareness for the Network in Solidarity With The People Of Guatemala.

Daily Cup of Yoga: DCY is a great blog (that actually updates regularly) the life and styles of yoga.

Joyful BellyIf you are a reader of this blog you notice that I mention Ayurveda pretty regularly. If you are curious about Ayurveda or are a follower of the Ayurvedic lifestyle and looking for some good resources this is the place to check out!

Ok readers it's back to the books for me. I promise new and exciting things when I return as a dually certified yoga teacher. 

No comments:

Post a Comment