Saturday, March 20, 2010

dude where's my practice?

When I started blogging I decided to set a goal of a blog a week. However I also promised myself that I wouldn’t post anything that wasn’t genuine, or in other words truthful. So here’s the truth; I slipped, I stumbled, I fell clean off my yogic path. I found my days getting filled with odds and ends type tasks and I couldn’t seem to “fit in” yoga. I wasn’t practicing physically and I surely wasn’t practicing mentally. I was letting myself get wrapped up in frustration and anger and even indulgence as well as letting my day planner (or lack of use of my day planner) keep me from finding time to practice asana. So what finally shook me up, well like it so often is, it was a student. A student asked me for some yoga books to take on vacation. I was so happy that my student wasn’t going to take a vacation from yoga but wanted yoga to be a part of the vacation. So of course I got a couple books from my collection and as I was flipping through one in particular that I found my practice again in the form of this quote:

“Act as if the future of the universe depends on what you do, while laughing at yourself for thinking your actions make any difference.” -Buddhist Advice

I’ve been doing neither! Acting like I was the only person in my own little universe and taking myself way to seriously. And then there was another quote:

“From Love all had come, and to Love all shall return.” -Tai Hiriya Upanishad

And that reminded me how simple it all is. If we simply move and act from Love than even when we mess up we can find forgiveness. Not very long ago I was in love with my yoga practice and living much more “authentically” and even though I stumbled I can go back to that place of love and I will make good decisions but I will make them for reasons much larger than my little life. And from here on out I will be a more genuine yogi.

No comments:

Post a Comment