Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sacred Scraps

Today I am spending the day feathering the nest, getting my little home sacred space set up for new hobbies. Now that I am working fewer jobs I have a little time to cultivate my own sacred hobby. Recently I’ve been reading a few crafts blogs and getting very excited about finding new creative outlets and getting into mediums I once thought far out of my reach. Normally as crafty as I get is my yearly birthday collage. But now I’m gather fabric scraps, old photographs, old bits of twine and ribbon and lots of interesting paper in a way I have become a scavenger of scraps, a keeper of kitsch, a finder of finds. In short I have become my mother (thanks mom, and I do mean that with love and only a touch of sarcasm).

Here are a few pictures of my sacred scraps that will hopefully soon become some yoga props for the studio; mat bags, meditation pillows, Savasana eye pillows, and maybe even some fun art for a Gallery Show, but that may be getting ahead of myself.












The shelf of sacred scraps.













The blues and the greens.













The boxes; warms, cools, pattered and neutral.













Some eye pillows waiting to be stuffed and finished.





As I take a break in my meditation on organization and preparation I find myself quite happy to be sitting still among all of these object. They are not just scraps of paper and fabric or scalloped scissors, they are tools. Tools of my meditation, they are the cultivators of my inner landscape, little windows that shine some of the fire I have inside out into the world in tangible form.



No comments:

Post a Comment